Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Question (and Statement) about Eggs

Here's the question: Is there an inverse correlation between the quality of an egg and the ease of peeling it once it's hard-boiled?

We bought some of "Jeremiah Cunningham's World's Best Eggs" from Coyote Creek Farm. They were organic, farm fresh, gathered and packed by hand, and "laid by happy hens living in organic pastures". I also figure those hens must be fast, too, beings as how they are roaming free near a creek known for its coyotes.

Anyway, they are very delicious, but when I have tried to peel them after hardboiling I make a mess of everything. And I have tried peeling them warm, cold, under running water, you name it.

Any ideas?

Oh, and the statement. As much as I like flaky sea salt, when you eat it with hard-boiled eggs, it makes you think you haven't gotten all the shell.

Food for thought. Or rather, thought for food, I guess.

No comments: