Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm Officially Old (Part 3)

Today was our annual Day of Care at church. The Deacons sponsor this day and teams go out to homes where people need a little extra help - some gutters cleaned or flowers planted. Special thanks to my friend, Deacon Bill Savage, for chairing the effort. Bill, you've set the bar very high for next year!

But here's where I'm feeling old. Our team headed out to east of Broken Arrow to replace a man's hot water heater and shore up the subflooring. I told one of our team members that they could follow me. I punched the address into my GPS as we waited at one of the lights downtown. The nice woman's computerized voice came on and said, "Continue forward for point-two miles" . . . and I did - without even looking to see that I had a red light!

No comments: